Impressions - Monastery of Monfero, Nature reserve Fragas del Eume
Monfero - point of interest
point of interest
 
Fragas del Eume
Monfero - point of interest
point of interest
 
Fragas del Eume
Monfero - point of interest
point of interest
 
Fragas del Eume
Monfero - point of interest
point of interest
 
Rio de Dez
Monfero - point of interest
point of interest
 
Regueiro
Monfero - point of interest
point of interest
 
Rio de Dez
Monfero - point of interest
point of interest
 
Fragas del Eume
Monfero - point of interest
point of interest
 
Fragas del Eume
Monfero - point of interest
point of interest
 
Fragas del Eume
Monfero - point of interest
point of interest
 
Fragas del Eume
Monfero - point of interest
point of interest
 
Fragas del Eume
Monfero - point of interest
point of interest
 
Fragas del Eume
Monfero - point of interest
point of interest
 
Fragas del Eume
javascript
 

Points of Interest


Monfero

Monastery of Monfero  |  Nature reserve Fragas del Eume  |  Convent of Canedo

Monastery of Monfero

Monfero Monastery is one of the best examples of monastic life in Galicia. It was founded by benedictine monks in  1135, and was later transferred to the Cistercian Order. The vast extension of territory under their control, from Ortigueira to Betanzos, shows their socioeconomic, political and cultural power.
open website

Nature reserve Fragas del Eume

Fragas do Eume is one of the best-preserved riverside Atlantic forests in Europe. Fewer than 500 people live within its 9,000 hectares, which gives an idea of the untouched state of these lush forests that follow the course of the River Eume. The park is shaped like a triangle whose corners and borders would Pontes, Pontedeume and Monfero.
open website

Convent of Canedo

Over the Sarmiento Palace (15th century), The Franciscans began extension and adaptation work on it in the 18th century. First, the church was finished, and later the Palace was remodelled to convert it into the Monastery. The cloister is very simple, and small. It was finished, as we can see by the inscriptions, between 1784 and 1785.
open website

« back